Sunday, May 29, 2011

On the Road Again

After two week exactly my knees were feeling good enough to give it another go on the road.  I switched to a more supportive shoe that I had purchased a while back.  The Brooks Beast.  I only ran 1.4 miles and i kept it to a very easy pace, but all together it was a pretty successful run.  I just wanted to get out and see how my knees would respond to a light run.  I had a slight pain in my left knee that came and went throughout the run.  Nothing too serious though.  I iced it when I got home and it feels fine now. 

I really think the camber of the roads around town are contributing to the knee pain.  I need to find a place to run around town that  has flatter roads or just a softer surface all together.

I'm going to ease back in nice and slow, I definitely don't want to re-injure my knees.  These past two weeks have been torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment