Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's the greatest comeback since Lazerus!

Ok first a little music to listen to while you read.


I posted it on facebook a while back so you might have already heard it, if so...it's still awesome.

Now on to business.  I can't believe how the time is flying.  It's been almost two weeks since I posted a blog.  Despite my lack of commitment to blogging I have been doing great on everything else.  I've been subbing for both Elementary and Middle school and and working on the building out at the farm. 

This morning I sanded the floor down on the second story and it's ready to be stained now.  After I finished with the floor, I installed a pretty cool ceiling fan, the place is really coming together.  I'll have to take some pictures next time I'm out there to post. 

My eating has been pretty close to excellent for six weeks now.  I'm still not doing anything crazy, just eating good foods, limiting my portions to real sizes and eating lots of fruits and veggies and with few exceptions, organic meat.

The most exciting thing going on recently is that my SI problem seems to be gone again.  It's been about two weeks since I had any pain and this week I actually started running again.  Not a lot - 3 miles on Tuesday, and Thursday.  I'm going to do 3 more tonight and then start "going long" on Sundays.  I'm starting with 5 miles tomorrow and I'll increase it by a mile every week.

I also registered for a 5k at the end of a month, I'll run a 10k around the end of June/beginning of July and probably again in August before the Tough Mudder October 8th.  That's subject to change, I might squeeze some other things in there depending on how everything goes.

Also looking forward to reading about Johnny Waite's weekend training for the Death Race.   Go Johnny! 

That's it for now, I'll keep the updates coming more frequently now that I'm actually making progress on my workouts. Oh...I'm down 16 lbs now.  Things are coming around.

1 comment:

  1. SO Proud of you Toad <3 You're doing amazing! I love you and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

    ReplyDelete