Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Feel Great!




WOW! I feel GREAT!  For the first time in several weeks I actually feel totally healthy.  No sore feet, no sore knees, no SI pain.

I've been out of touch with the "internet world" for the past week trying to get everything ready for my trip up to Ohio.  I left Tyler a week ago on Tuesday and arrived in Geneva  Wednesday night around 8:00.  It was so nice to make the trip in a car rather than a U-Haul truck that keeps breaking down every 20 miles!  Anyway Heather and I had great weekend and even squeezed in a quick overnight camping trip on Saturday night.  I had a dentist appoinment on Monday and that brings us to yesterday.

Feeling adventurous and with extra time on my hands up here in Ohio i set out on the bike headed to Austinburg.  I made the 7.5+ mile ride in just over 30 minutes.  When I arrived at my destination I found this funny sign:



From there I changed out of my biking shorts and shoes into some regular shorts and shoes and headed out on foot down the Western Reserve Greenway.  This path is part of the Rail to Trail initiative where they have replaced old railroad tracks with biking/hiking trails.



The weather in Ohio is so much different from what I'm used to in Texas.  It was 65ish all day, compared to the 102 that Tyler was feeling the same day.  Deceived by the cool temperature and the cloud cover I sported a sleeveless workout shirt for the trip (remember this).  Along the way I saw a chipmunk, a treat since we don't have those in Texas, and quite a few birds and squirrels.  I ended up going a little over 7 miles on foot - hiking most of the time, jogging here and there.  It was an awesome time.  Once I made it back to my bike I changed again and rode the 7.5+ miles back to Geneva.

What a great day outside.  The only bummer of the day turned out to be the sunburn I got courtesy of the sleeveless shirt! Oh well!

If you missed this on my facebook pages check out this really cool video!

2 comments: