Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Pain in the Ass

No, really.   I'm serious...I've been suffering off and on for a couple years from SI joint pain...or that's the diagnosis from Dr. Google M.D.   Every few months a mild pain starts developing directly in the center of my right buttock.  It increases in intensity over the course of a few days and after a week I can barely walk.  It's painful to sit, bend over, and even just lay down.

I've killed ibuprofen, heated it, iced it...pretty much anything I could think of.  It's quite awkward to go to the doctor and explain that you have a pain in your butt, but I did that.  I had x-rays and of course nothing could be found, no explanation of what was going on...I've been to a chiropractor with mixed results, and then just as the pain comes, one day it doesn't hurt as bad, and the next day even less and eventually its gone.

SI joint pain, Sciatica...whatever it is, it really is a pain in the ass.  As fate would have it this always seems to happen when I have plans to do something important.  So, as if on queue...I started this new dedication to life and my butt began to hurt.  It's already started to subside, in fact its just about gone (thankfully the entire episode was less than two weeks).  But, why is it that someone can do this:


And I have difficulty simply walking a few times a year...

My hopes are that better diet and exercise will help prevent this mess from occuring as often in the future.   Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment