Saturday, April 16, 2011

Busy Week

I finally got my paperwork finished for substituting at Frankston on Tuesday and then I spent the afternoon working on my parents farm. I'm doing some construction work for the kennel/art studio they have been building out on the farm.  I worked pretty late and by the time I drove back to Tyler, fed the dogs, ate some dinner and got ready for bed it was near midnight. 

Exhausted I crawled into bed and passed out!  Five hours later I'm awaken by the phone ringing.  My thought on the matter: "Who is calling at 5am!" But then as I answered the phone I realized I had asked to be woken up like this.  It was the school calling me to tell me they needed me to substitute.

I spent the day with some pretty awesome third graders and all went well.  Then at 4pm I left the school and drove out to the farm to get in a couple more hours of work out there.  Drive, eat, feed dogs, sleep at midnight.  I wake up at 5am expecting the phone to ring, but it doesn't, I lay there till 5:30 and still nothing so I'm thinking, "OK they wont need me today I can sleep in."  I fall back asleep and don't wake back up until....6:45 when the school calls to tell me they need me to sub in kindergarten that day.  6:45! I live at least 30 minutes from Frankston and I still need to shower, eat, dress, and feed the dogs (don't forget I do raw feeding with them so it's not as simple as tossing a scoop of food in the bowl.) 

Rush, rush, rush and speed (even though the jeep doesn't like to speed) to Frankston and then spend the day with the kindergartners!  Then at 4pm I left the school and drove out to the farm to get in a couple more hours of work out there.  Drive, eat, feed dogs, sleep at midnight (sound like a broken record yet)?

Then friday after working at the farm for the majority of the day my mom and I headed into Palestine to take our dogs to the vet.  Remly and Marley needed rabies vaccines and mom had puppies that needed health certificates so they can be shipped and their last round of puppy shots.  What an adventure that was. 

We had to pull over no less than 4 times to try and get those damn puppies to quit tearing stuff up and escaping from their crates.  Add to that the fact that my Remly was killing us with his perpetual farting and it made for one interesting trip, but we finally made it back out to the farm.  From there I bet you can guess... Then at 4pm I left the school and drove out to the farm to get in a couple more hours of work out there.  Drive, eat, feed dogs, sleep at midnight.

And that brings me to today, I had to get up early to get ready for the Tyler ISD job fair.  With the current state of the education in Texas and the number of jobs that are getting cut the job fair wasn't near as productive as it should have been.  It was basically a chance to give my resume to all the different principals without having to travel around to all the schools individually but each principal basically had the same script that they gave to everyone who came and it wasn't very positive.

Soo....after quite a hectic and exhausting week it's awesome that Kyle and Jessica invited me over to their place for dinner tonight!

I leave you with this video of an amazing race - It's the California State Championship 1600m (1 mile), and during the third lap one of the kids starts his "kick" with a lap and half to go - everyone thinks he's miscounted his laps...

3 comments:

  1. Loved the blog today babe and the video was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the videos you post. So inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you guys enjoy them as much as me.

    ReplyDelete